Who You Are
Today, we’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic in-house Community Manager and Writer to be the voice of the organizationon social media, spark conversations online, and support our overall communication needs.
This is a rare opportunity to make a difference in Canadian politics and society, and to create work that inspires and engages the public.
You will be primarily responsible for growing and managing Friends’ social media accounts, creating great digital content and nurturing an active community for our supporters, as well as contributing copy for our website, email newsletters, etc.
You have experience working in social media content creation and community moderation, possess a strong aptitude for data analytics, and are a standout writer. Perhaps you have a journalism background.
This opportunity is based in our Toronto office, and you will report to the Director of Digital Content.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure brand and voice consistency across all platforms and projects.
- Develop Facebook and Twitter strategies to increase awareness of our organization, grow and strengthen our network of supporters, and ensure we’re part of the conversations that matter.
- Write, gather, create and post engaging original content every day, including repurposing archival materials from our vaults.
- Moderate our on-line communities (swiftly answer direct messages, address questions and concerns, etc.) and reply to certain email enquiries.
- Write copy for our website, email newsletters and other communications.
- Budget and manage social media and web paid advertisements.
- Attend local events for content capture and community engagement opportunities.
- Seek opportunities on a daily basis to use social media to promote Friends; maintain calendar of events related to our campaigns.
- Generate regular analytics reports to track success and identify opportunities for growth.
- Daily briefs of trending topics and current events relevant to ourcampaigns to our Executive Director and staff.
- Experience in still photography or video is a plus!
Skills And Experience
- Diploma, certificate or degree in communications, journalism, or other discipline where clear prose plays a prominent role.
- 2+ years experience working in community management, with proven ability to grow social media followings using organic and paid strategies.
- Superior written communication skills, with flair forcreative copy writing and an understanding of editorial news judgment and journalism ethics. Strong proofreading and attention to detail.
- Data-driven, with the ability to analyze, test and optimize strategies.
- Ability to work quickly in the daily news cycle and deliver on tight deadlines.
- French-language proficiency is a strong asset – especially written fluency.
Friends of Canadian Broadcasting values employment equity. We support diversity and inclusion in the Canadian media, our work, and this call for applications. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know by email to [email protected].
Salary is $50,000/year. This is a full-time position which includes access to a benefits plan.
How To Apply
Please combine your cover letter, resume, and three samples of work (can be campaign reports, writing or other) into a single PDF file and email them to [email protected]. Please use the subject line: "Application: Community Manager".
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 24, 2019 5:00 p.m. EST. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
We thank all candidates who apply in advance, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.