FRIENDS is a grassroots, citizen-led, national not-for-profit that brings together Canadians under a simple and powerful idea: our shared story makes us who we are.
FRIENDS works to advance Canada’s rich culture and the healthy democracy it sustains, through defending our public broadcaster and journalism writ large, and fighting back against the steamroller of Big Tech that extracts Canadian wealth while returning Americanized content that doesn’t speak to our diverse truths. We conduct leading-edge policy and opinion research on issues affecting Canadian media and related issues, organize grassroots campaigns, speak truth to power in Ottawa, and make sure that the diverse voice of Canadians are heard in the halls of power.
FRIENDS is looking for a Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support the Director of Communications and the Digital Director with communications products, including newsletters, correspondence and social media.
The Communications Officer will:
- Be motivated to defend Canadian culture and journalism against government neglect and outright assault by foreign Big Tech;
- Be a self-starter, able to successfully work from home in the pandemic;
- Be fully bilingual (an ability to write in French and English is a must);
- Have experience with writing and social media;
- Have some knowledge of Canadian media;
- Experience with any of the following is an asset : Zendesk, Symphony.
- Full-time work;
- Salary range: equivalent of $50-57,000 yearly, depending on experience.
Interested? Reach out to Sarah Andrews at [email protected]
with a CV and a compelling story on why you’re the person we’re looking for.